Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank you.

In the 9th grade my former self lived in a town of 35,000 dummies and attended an institution known as Galesburg High School.  Allah bestowed upon me the greatest of fortunes by assigning me an English teacher by the name of Andrew Chernin.  He had a very nonchalant, clumsy style, to a level that I almost interpreted as indifference.  Anyway, in one writing exercise that we would do in his class, which probably goes on in the majority of English classes, we were asked to concoct a story using all of our vocabulary words.

When I was an even littler tyke in Hurst, possibly what some waitstaff at Lupe's Tex-Mex in Bedford would call a "Litle Adrian", our omnipotent Budda blessed me with Miss Cochran.  She was my fifth grade teacher and first MILF crush, who would make up little stories which explained the definition of the word we were learning.  I remember ubiquitous and pariah being a couple of the words she added to our fifth grade lexicons.


As of late, I am trying to write more and I am going to attempt to bust these exercises out of the closet and take them down to S4 or Havana and get my literary freak on.  I will most-likely throw them on here, furthering this blog from its original purpose, but, well, in the words of our dearest semi-Hawaiian-probably-Kenyan-minimally-African American-mostly-Caucasian leader, "Whatevs."  Big points to all of the teachers who make themselves available to their students, even and especially when it is for something non-school related.  Ninjas don't forget that shit!

In other exercise news, we are trying to resuscitate the Flow of the Month program.  That should be a good motivator provided that plenty of y'all Applebee's customers participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment